Krames Exit-Writer® Version 8
Easily access emergency medicine discharge instructions.
Krames Exit-Writer has over 1,500 discharge topics — each in English and Spanish (over 3,000 discharge instructions in all) — including more than 200 lab tests. Plus, 150 of the most popular topics are included in Chinese, Russian and Vietnamese.
- Browse a wide range of topics on diagnoses, treatment options, health promotion topics, medications and lab tests
- Access forms to assist with informed consent, school and work-release, and more
- Easily customize content permanently or for a specific patient
- Personalize discharge handouts with follow-up information and additional advice for the patient
- Link to your registration system to eliminate data entry regarding patient demographics and medications
Electronic prescription features improve patient safety.
Krames Exit-Writer saves clinician time over hand-writing prescription medications and reduces medication errors.
- Create legible and accurate prescriptions quickly and easily with the prescription-writing feature — now enhanced with a new drug list and data — included standard
- A new, optional, certified integrated e-prescribing module is now available to satisfy DEA controlled substance e-prescribing requirements, as well as to help meet MIPPA the ARRA/HITECH “Meaningful Use” criteria for e-prescribing
Medication reconciliation made easy.
Meet meaningful use criteria for Medication Reconciliation with a fast and easy way to document and record patient medication status and comply with medication safety requirements. An electronic copy of all information given to the patient is captured in the patient record.
Auto-fax-to-referral-provider enhances continuity of care and improves communication.
Fax notes or a summary of the care you provided directly to the referral doctor—automatically. Communicate diagnoses, prescriptions, tests performed and follow-up advice. Each fax identifies the date of the visit, the patient and the attending physician.
Integrate Krames Exit-Writer into your workflow.
Interface Krames Exit-Writer with your existing technology via an optional HL7 interface. Easily import and export patient data, including medication, gender and weight information, directly from and to your EMR or HIS.
Content licensing for your EMR is also available. All discharge instructions are coded to ICD-9, CPT and MeSH.
Enterprise-wide, multi-hospital program access helps standardize care.
For health systems and hospitals with multiple locations, Krames Exit-Writer has the ability to connect remote sites, so users can share data across the enterprise.
- Print discharge instructions to a PDF for electronic distribution
- Auto-generate and assign unique patient medical record numbers and visit IDs
- Strict HIPAA enforcement guidelines protect patient information and your organization